News and Events
On behalf of all the 80+ staff at HVC, we would like to wish you all a very happy holiday season.
It has been a great year, together we have:
- undertaken a record volunteer interviews, referrals and placements to support our 200+ members (community organisations)
- expanded the number of volunteer staff participating in the Community Visitors Scheme
- started the HVC Welcome Team, a volunteer to employment program based at Charlestown Square and
- started the HVC Multicultural Volunteer program
- we also managed the 600+ volunteers supporting the International Childrens Games at the beginning of December.
All of this would not have been possible without people like you, those interested in volunteer activities and supporting the communities in which they live.
HVC will be closing over the festive season. Our last day will be Friday 19th December, and will re-open for interviews on Monday 12th January.
We have exciting new plans and initiatives for the New Year to continue this growth, and to support our volunteers and member organisations.
Thank you for your ongoing support and we look forward to working with you again in 2015.
The Team @ HVC