Bridge to Volunteering
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer we run a free information session called Bridge to Volunteering every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month from 11 am – 12 pm which explains your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Attending the information session is not compulsory, however, we’d like to encourage you to come along and learn more about volunteering.
The topics covered in the session will include:
- What does it mean to be a volunteer?
- What types of volunteering opportunities are on offer
- The rights and responsibilities of volunteers and volunteer organisations
- Workplace health and safety
- Issues relating to insurance
- Duty of care
After the information session, you’ll have the opportunity to speak with one of our trained volunteer interviewers who will help match you with a suitable role. Contact us to reserve your place at one of our sessions.